Club Championship 2019
- Championship is open to all paid up first claim SWRR members affiliated to England Athletics
- Scores of 500 and above (including bonus points for ‘target races’) will be listed in spreadsheet. For this purpose, a score of less than 500 will be rounded up to 500 so that anyone taking part in a champ race will be rewarded for doing so.
- Multi Terrain race scores calculated using formula determined by referee!
- Total score calculated from: Best 5 championship race scores plus one wildcard (see 5. below) i.e. SIX races in total plus bonuses for parkruns specifically targeted by SWRR as shown on ‘selected races’ page of website. Prizes awarded to overall M & F highest scorers, plus SF/SM and vet categories 40+, 50+ and 60+ for each gender. Table updated after each listed race.
- Wildcard may be a road or track race anywhere, not just in the South West, or even the UK, as a universal scoring system is used. Wildcard can also be a multi terrain race in South West i.e. Cornwall/Devon/Somerset/Dorset.
- Ineligible races for wildcards are as follows: SWRR’s own races (First Chance/Drogo); relay/team races e.g. Exe Relays, Welsh Castles; invitation-only or balloted-entry races e.g. London Marathon; fun runs; parkruns; Westward League XC races; multi-terrain races with less than 100 finishers.
- For all races including wildcard (but not parkruns) you must be an approved first claim South West Road Runners affiliated runner on the date of the race, and appear as such in the results. No club/no affiliation = no points!
- A selection of target races are included in the championship; these are marked in red in the race diary and table. For every eligible target race you run, 50 points will be added to your score for that race.
- Targeted parkrun participants will score 50 points for volunteering or running (100 if you do both) which will be added to all other scores as explained above.
- Enquiries and wildcard nominations to Jim Durston, or use the Contact Page
|Overall winner||Julie Hedges||4969 pts|
|Senior female||Chloe Fox||4486 pts|
|F40-50||Suzie Tosh||4160 pts|
|F50-60||Caroline Tait||4350 pts|
|F60+||Karen Cook||2544 pts|
|Overall winner||Tim Vialls||5122 pts|
|Senior male||Sam Hopton||4880 pts|
|M40-50||Ian White||3869 pts|
|M50-60||Nicholas Einchcomb||5056 pts|
|M60+||Lewis Jones||4882 pts|
Prizes will be awarded at and after the AGM on 1st February 2019