Club Championship 2022
Feb-22: Tavy 5 CANCELLED
Mar-22: City 5 Series, Exmouth.
Mar-22: Granite Way 10 or 20 miles
Apr-22: First Chance 10K
May-22: Ottery 10K
Jun-22: Dawlish Dash
Jul-22: Erme Valley Relays
Aug-22: Haldon Forest Flyer
Sep-22: Bridgwater Half
Oct-22: Tavy 7
Nov-22: Drogo 10
Dec-22: Wellington Monument 10
Keep an ear out for some possible wild cards thrown in!!
- Championship is open to all approved first claim SWRR members affiliated to England Athletics.
- Scores of 500 and above (including bonus points for ‘target races’ included in championship) will be listed in spreadsheet. For this purpose, a score of less than 500 will be rounded up to 500 so that anyone taking part in a champ race will be rewarded for doing so.
- Multi Terrain race scores calculated using formula determined by referee!
- Total score calculated from: Best 5 championship race scores plus one wildcard (see 5. below) i.e. SIX races in total plus bonuses for parkruns specifically targeted by SWRR for volunteering takeover or organised trips open to all members. Prizes awarded to overall M & F highest scorers, plus 1st & 2nd SF/SM and vet categories 40+, 50+ and 60+ for each gender. Table updated after each listed race.
- Wildcard may be a road or track race anywhere, not just in the South West, or even the UK, as a universal scoring system is used. Wildcard can also be a multi terrain race in South West i.e. Cornwall/Devon/Somerset/Dorset.
- Ineligible races for wildcards are as follows: SWRR’s own races (First Chance/Drogo); relay/team races e.g. Exe Relays, Welsh Castles; invitation-only or balloted-entry races e.g. London Marathon; fun runs; parkruns; Westward League XC races; multi-terrain races with less than 100 finishers.
- For all races including wildcard (but not parkruns) you must be an approved first claim South West Road Runners affiliated runner on the date of the race, and appear as such in the results. No club/no affiliation = no points!
- For ‘nominated’ 5k and 3000m race options, you need to email the referee (address below) to say which race you want to include (usually the fastest!)
- Targeted parkrun participants will score 50 points for volunteering or running (100 if you do both) which will be added to all other scores as explained above.
- Enquiries, 5k/3000m race nominations, and wildcard nominations to the Club Captains – Steve or Victoria.
Prizes will be awarded at the AGM