Road Running and Coached Track
Wednesday Evenings from 6:30PM
Our club night is Wednesday from 6.30pm until about 8.00pm at the Pavilion, Exeter Arena, Summer Lane, Exeter. (Click here for maps and more information about the arena).
As well as many road running groups led by qualified running leaders we also have a seniors and juniors coached track sessions.
Road running groups range from 6 minute miles and faster to 10 minute miles or slower with distances from 3 or 4 miles through to about 9 miles. In the summer months, many of the running groups prefer to head off-road into the nearby countryside and
The junior groups are usually coached within the Athletic Stadium and take part in all forms of track and field disciplines.
If you want to know more, please contact us or just turn up at Exeter Arena, 6:30pm on a Wednesday, and give it a try. Your first session is free!
The cost of sessions is £2 for members and £4 for non-members.
The coached senior track sessions vary weekly but are usually interval/circuits focusing on speed-endurance. The main session is always proceeded by a comprehensive warmup.
This Week's Track Session (16/1/2019)
6 to 8 x 600mtr reps; 1:30 recovery between each 600mtr. Finish with a 200mtr for those who wish.
Examples of previous sessions include:
- Running drills 4 x 5min reps with 2min rolling recoveries followed by 4/5min rest then 1 x 10min run. Cool down
- 7 x handicapped 600mtrs.
- VO2max training session with 30/30sec intervals: 2 sets of 10 (30sec hard; 30sec easy jog) – Recovery of 1:30 between the two sets.
- 4 x (6mins @ 10k pace, 1min rest, 400m at 5k down to 3k pace) with 3-4mins rest between the sets.
- Oregon Circuits, a mix of 400mtr running and 1min of various drills and exercises.
- 3 sets of 500/400/300/200/100mtr runs.
- Reps of 1000mtr (4 to 6) with 1:30 recovery between each rep.
- 2 or 3 sets of (3 x 3min reps with 30 sec rolling recoveries) with 2min rest between sets.